Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Progress of My Research of Hunchback


I found some really cool conferences that are happening this spring and summer on conferencealerts.com. I made an account, and typed in different things I was interested in (victorian literature, french literature, Victor Hugo, nineteenth century literature, etc.), and then I indicated in which countries I wanted to see different conferences (US, UK, France), and it came up with a lot of interesting events happening in the next couple months.
Here are some of my findings:

Literary London 2012--an organization that will be hosting events annually dealing with British literature on all subjects.  I emailed the contact person, and he emailed me back saying to keep in touch so I can be involved in future events http://www.literarylondon.org/conference/cfp.html
Sensualising Deformity:  Communication and Construction of Monstrous Embodiment-- an event all about physical deformities and how they are portrayed in literature and the media
http://sensualisingdeformity.blogspot.com/
Reading (Re)productions of the Long Nineteenth Century in Period Drama--an event focusing on how the nineteenth century has been portrayed in the media, etc.  I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
http://www2.hull.ac.uk/student/graduateschool/reading_reproductions_conferen.aspx

As great as all these events were, they did not really address my topic of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, so I went to some other sources.

Diigo--well, I just couldn't quite figure that one out.
OERCommons--on typing in "victor hugo hunchback," it came up with an article titled "Martin Luther's Reformation in Hugo's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."  Though this was more promising, it still was not the angle I was looking for.
YouTube--has some great videos from the musical Notre Dame de Paris, an example of which I gave in a previous blog post but here it is again:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbKYksxeXh8


Some sites were more helpful than others, but I'm still looking.  Any suggestions on how I can make my searching more effective?





No comments:

Post a Comment